The core structure of a gypsum board can significantly affect its properties. Achieving the desired core structure in a gypsum board depends on:
- Board processing conditions
- Gypsum slurry formulation
- Foamer chemistry
- Stucco conditions
- Mixer design
Stepan’s gypsum foamer technologies offer low and high actives, high flash point choices and formaldehyde-free options. Our technologies also provide a wide range of coalescing abilities to obtain the desired bubble size (unstable and stable foamers).
Gypsum Foamers from Low to High Coalescing
- STEOL® FA-403 M: Ammonium laureth sulfate
- STEOL® DES-32IS: Sodium alkyl ether sulfate
- ALPHA FOAMER®: Ammonium alkyl ether sulfate
- CEDEPAL GFA-02M: Proprietary surfactant blend
- CEDEPAL GFA-01M: Proprietary surfactant blend
- CEDEPAL GFA-03M: Proprietary surfactant blend
- POLYSTEP® B-25 M: Sodium decyl sulfate
Board manufacturers can select from our wide variety of foamers to find the optimal chemistry for a specific formulation, process condition or need.
Learn more in our Gypsum Technologies Guide.