At Stepan, we understand it is important to make ourselves readily available for immediate response on our full product line whether it be related to pricing and product delivery, a technical inquiry or troubleshooting.
Stepan’s Customer Service Department strives to create long-term customer relationships through trust, transparency and exceptional service. It is our objective to understand our customer requirements and expectations in order to successfully deliver product, services and solutions as requested. Our primary responsibilities include:
- Process orders and provide updates for Stepan commercial products
- Provide pricing and availability on Stepan commercial products
- Facilitate customer complaints
- Process product returns
View Stepan Company Customer Service and Delivery Standards brochure.
Stepan Company US and Europe Technical Service Departments are a professional support staff uniquely structured to provide prompt and accurate technical response to our Stepan internal employees, authorized distributors and customers. Our primary responsibilities include:
- Commercial sample order placement
- Product and formulary recommendation
- General technical response
- Customer certification statements
- Survey completion
- Competitive product cross referencing
- Technical training
- Web technical content management
- Assistance with market communications
Stepan also has staff in Canada, Latin America and Asia regions that provide focused technical support based on localized product availability, customer base and plant capability. Contact Technical Service in your region.
Stepan’s Analytical Research Department, located in Northfield, IL, is proud of its threefold mission:
- Provide world-class analytical services across all business divisions and global locations.
- Support R&D in new product development as well as Quality Assurance (QA) in optimizing operations.
- Continuously improve via cost-saving methodology, new technology, and more efficient tools, systems and work processes.
The Analytical Team works closely with Product Development to aid in the development of new products by determining appropriate methodology. They also partner with QA to support manufacturing and help troubleshoot any plant or customer issues. Stepan’s Analytical and QA labs are well equipped to handle a variety of wet chemical and instrumental analyses, including gas chromatography (GC), liquid chromatography (HPLC), fourier transform infrared (FTIR) and titration systems. The Analytical Team also offers nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR), mass spectrometry (MS) and ion chromatography (IC) capabilities, as well as a host of surface science measurement instruments.