Stepan’s Antimicrobials and End-Use Registration Program
Stepan Company offers biocidal active ingredients globally under the tradenames of BTC®, SO/SAN® and ONYXIDE®. The BTC® and SO/SAN® products are highly effective quaternaries that control a broad spectrum of microorganisms, including bacteria, molds, yeasts, fungi and viruses. Stepan's ONYXIDE® 200 is a triazine compound used in metalworking, oil field and in-can preservation.
Examples of where Stepan quaternaries are effective as the active in end use formulations:
- Sanitization and disinfection in the home and institutional settings such as schools, offices and restaurants
- Hospital and nursing home facilities
- Food processing, including plant cleaning, handling and distribution, meat and egg processing
- Pulp / paper mills
- Public water, including swimming pools, spas, decorative ponds
- Gas and oil drilling, including muds / packer fluids, recovery injection
- Wood preservation, including seasoned wood, pressure / thermal treatment, non-pressure treatment (joinery-remedial) and sapstain treatment
- Paper, including stored, non-food contact and materials preservation
Not only does Stepan sell the biocidal active, we offer end use customers the opportunity to sublicense end use formulations, including ready-to-use, dilutable concentrates, aerosols and wipe products. Stepan Company has a global support staff that provides ongoing market, technical and regulatory support.
See all Stepan Antimicrobial products.