At this time we are not accepting applications for hourly production positions.
If you are applying for a mechanic and /or millwright position, administrative professional position, degreed engineer position or other professional position, please visit the careers section and apply.
Interested in a production position at our Millsdale facility?
Production worker positions require working either a 12-hour or 8-hour rotating shift with frequent overtime, and are eligible for full-time benefits.
In order to be eligible to apply for a production worker position, you must have obtained your high school diploma or GED and must submit copies of your passing WorkKeys® assessment scores with your completed application. Passing scores are defined as:
5 or greater in Applied Mathematics
4 or greater in Applied Technology
3 or greater in Workplace Observation
5 or greater in Locating Information
5 or greater in Reading for Information
Applications are not accepted without passing scores on all five required WorkKeys assessments.
WorkKeys® Assessment Info
If interested in applying for a production worker position, you can choose to take all of the five required WorkKeys® assessments at the local WorkKeys® assessment lab, or any other ACT assessment lab in the United States. You can contact a testing location near you as indicated on the ACT website. The local WorkKeys® assessment lab is located at the JJC City Center Campus:
214 N Ottawa Street
Assessment scheduling hotline: 815-280-1526
- Assessment tests may be scheduled a minimum of one business day prior to the day you wish to take the tests. The computer-based assessments cost a total of $106.00 for all five assessments.
- Each of these assessments should take roughly an hour to complete and may be taken in any order.
- You will receive your scores immediately following the assessment session. Passing assessment scores are good for five years from the date of the assessment. Your assessment results belong to you and are yours to keep.
- Stepan Company does not collect assessment results from the assessment center. You must submit copies of all of your passing assessment results with your application in order to apply for an hourly production position.
Once you have passing assessment scores, you'll need to complete an application when Stepan Company is accepting applications. At this time, Stepan is not accepting applications.
When Stepan is accepting applications, you will need to complete an application at the Workforce Center:
214 N Ottawa Street
Submit a copy of all your passing WorkKeys® assessment results at the Workforce Center with your application (keep your originals). You will need information regarding your work history, such as dates and addresses of your current and former employers, so please remember to bring this information with you when applying. Incomplete applications or applications without copies of passing WorkKeys® assessment scores will not be accepted. Thanks for your interest in Stepan Company. We look forward to reviewing your qualifications!
Please note the following:
- Passing all five WorkKeys® assessments does not guarantee that you will be employed at Stepan Company.
- You can only submit your assessments scores with your application at the Workforce Center during timeframes that Stepan Company is accepting applications.
- Once you have applied with all five passing assessment scores, you may not be interviewed for several months.
- If selected after assessment and interview, you would be placed into a pre-select hiring pool, pending drug assessment, background check, physical and employment authorization.
- Candidates who have interviewed and have been placed in the pre-select hiring pool may not actually begin employment for several months.